Grandma Ruth's Dump Fruit Cobbler.
You can have Grandma Ruth's Dump Fruit Cobbler using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma Ruth's Dump Fruit Cobbler
- Prepare 2 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of any type of fresh fruit.
- It’s 1 of spice to taste (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc).
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
Grandma Ruth's Dump Fruit Cobbler instructions
- In glass casserole or baking pan, add one stick butter..
- Put pan in oven at 350°F..
- While butter is melting, mix dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Add wet ingredients and mix. If you think it needs more or less flour, milk, or sugar, add according to your preference..
- Take pan out of oven. Butter should be melted. Add cobbler mixture into pan. DO NOT MIX!.
- On top of cobbler mixture, add your desired fruit. DO NOT MIX! You may toss the fruit in a little sugar first if you think it needs it..
- You are going to look at this and think "I need to stir this" don't do it!!! It's supposed to look sloppy…its a dump cobbler, after all lol.
- Cook at 350°F, for about 20 minutes, or until edges of batter start to crisp and look lightly browned. Cobbler will be rubbery in texture if you cook it too long. I like my cobbler chewy but not tough. It's your preference, of course..
- Enjoy! My grandmother would always drizzle a bit of evaporated milk over this before eating. Is good without it, but far yummier with it! 😀.