Chicken adobo. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Philippine adobo (from Spanish adobar: "marinade," "sauce" or "seasoning") is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and black peppercorns, which is browned in oil. You can have Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- It’s 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! Chicken Adobo is a tangy, salty, sweet, and spicy Filipino dish. This meal is easy to make and You can never have too many chicken recipes and this Chicken Adobo is a keeper!
Chicken adobo instructions
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar I've done some research, and while there are a lot of chicken adobo recipes out there that don't. The Instant Pot can get this chicken adobo dinner to the table in well under an hour. Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Adobo. by Marvin Gapultos.