Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦. The next time you're craving takeout, make our homemade beef and broccoli instead. You'll feel MUCH better afterwards—more accomplished How does the broccoli cook? Speaking of which, don't cut them.
You'll never need to order it for takeout ever again, and it's healthier. Broccoli Beef – best and easiest homemade beef and broccoli in brown sauce. Beef and Broccoli was one of the most popular dishes in our family's Chinese takeout restaurant. You can have Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦 using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦
- It’s 2.5 pounds of beef flank steak.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for sautéing (enough to coat bottom of pan).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper.
- You need of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooking sherry.
- It’s 1 can of Condensed Tomato Soup.
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bag frozen cut broccoli (or larger).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
Add a little more oil, then add the garlic and ginger to the pan. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and beef broth. Broccoli Beef was one of my specialties, mainly because broccoli was cheap and beef could be sliced thinly to stretch and feed unexpected guests. You'll add the broccoli back into the pan as the beef finishes cooking.
Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦 step by step
- Rinse and pat dry your steak…….
- Slice steak into thin strips…..
- Place steak strips into a pan that has been heated with vegetable oil and fry strips until almost brown, then add some black pepper to strips and your minced garlic…….
- Next add your sliced onion and sauté all until onion is slightly wilted……
- Remove steak and onion from pan and set to the side……
- In the same pan that you used for the steak add your cooking sherry and boil until sherry is slightly reduced……
- Add to that pan : the condensed tomato soup, beef broth, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and ginger……
- Stir well and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes…….
- Now add your frozen broccoli and heat until broccoli is tender…..
- Now add your brown sugar and cook until slightly thickened….
- Next add your steak that you put off to the side and mix all well, boil for about 5 minutes…..
- Remove from heat and serve over white rice and enjoy 😉!!.
And how do you prevent the garlic from burning? Add broccoli; cover and cook, tossing occasionally and sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until. This tasty family-friendly beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe is a great addition to a healthy diet. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe is so quick-and-easy to prepare, and so low in calories, it will. This is take-out menu beef and broccoli stir-fry — but so much better. No chewy, dry pieces of beef.